16 April, 2020
Lahore University of Management Sciences LUMS Jobs Senior Officer Communications & Co-Curricular Activities:
Senior Officer Communications & Co-Curricular Activities – Office of Co-Curricular Activities
This position is responsible to oversee the communications (social media, newsletter, and PR) aspect of the Co-Curricular Activities “CCA” office including being a liaison between the various departments in providing a learning experience, conducting events and trainings, and meeting with internal and external stakeholders and partners. The position will report to the Manager of Co-Curricular Activities Office. S/He will be responsible to design, organize, manage and administer the society’s events related jobs. S/He will also be responsible for design and content approval for the office.
- (Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including the typical problems encountered in carrying out the responsibilities on day to day basis.)
- Responsible to supervise and manage society’s communication, social media, PR and promotion for all student societies and CCA related (i.e. Civic Engagement, Hostel Life Fellow Program, First Year Experience) events, activities, and relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Responsible for management of societies available resources and provide assistance for conduct of societies events and to act as a main contact/liaison between the societies and all allied departments working on the events, trainings, and meetings.
- Responsible to implement internal CCA administration procedures, including events approvals, inventory management, MOUs, and inventory control and to facilitate events in an effective in accordance to SOPs.
- Responsible for advising of societies office bearers and supervising office student interns according to university policies and procedures.
- Responsible to create and implement Social Media Campaign, Calendars and to audit designs and content according to LUMS Branding Guidelines.
- Liaison between societies and all relevant offices for successful conduct of respective society events.
- Analysis of event proposal and logistical requirements submitted to CCA office for necessary arrangements.
- Background check on proposals if necessary.
- To provide the necessary facilitation for guidance of students going on international trip in terms of event approval and coordination with relevant offices.
- To provide advice and support to societies during the planning process, arrangements of logistical requirements, assessment of event proposal and recommendations in accordance with the university policies.
- To devise strategic level plans & sessions for the societies performance enhancement.
- To deal with the societies day to day tasks relevant to budgeting, logistics and other relevant issues as per requirements.
- To streamline the processes of sponsorships, assessment of MOU and get it signed from the Manager and respective sponsor.
- Assist in developing the mechanism for monitoring of societies mega events including the registration input, delegates accommodation and other requirements etc.
- Create Social Media Calendar and Campaign.
- Monitoring of events held during the late hours at LUMS campus.
- Audit Content of Societies for LUMS Branding.
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by the Manager.
Work Schedule:9 am to 5 pm with occasional after hours and weekends.
Travel:Some local travel will be required and occasional international travels for conferences, meetings or other work-related activities.
- Must possess managerial, strategic planning, and decision making skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a proficient level.
- Must have the ability and good knowledge to negotiate with vendors.
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, respect, work independently, and practice sound-judgment.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position and the community.
Qualification:Bachelors (preferably Masters) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Prior knowledge of Student Development Theories
- Prior knowledge of SAP-oracle based system
- Prior knowledge of Social Media Management
- Prior Knowledge of Graphic Designing
- Prior Knowledge of Editing and Proofreading
Experience:2-4 years of experience working in a fast paced environment with marketing, PR background.
Apply at: email@example.com Apply By: Thursday, April 30, 2020
Abbottabad Attock Azad Kashmir Bahawalnagar Bahawalpur Balochistan Banks Dera Ghazi Khan District Health Authority Faisalabad Gilgit Baltistan Government Gujranwala Gujrat Health Department Hyderabad Islamabad Jhang Jhelum Karachi Kohat KPK Lahore Larkana Mardan Mirpur Mirpur Khas Multan Muzaffarabad Nawabshah Nowshera Okara Pak Army Peshawar Punjab Quetta Rahim Yar Khan Rawalpindi Sahiwal Sargodha Sheikhupura Sialkot Sindh Sukkur Toba Tek Singh
Disclaimer: Confirm each and every thing before applying for any job or before giving any advance to any one like agent. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage.